When affected by blaze, you will regularly lose HP from fire damage. You will be unable to parry any attacks and will occasionally fail in an attack due to jumping in the air. When someone is affected by blaze, they develop a fire on their behind. They will periodically jump up in the air and fall back down again.
Running around the field can put out the fire and free you from the blaze. Blaze will end after 15 seconds. It also continues after the battle is over, so be sure to heal any of your party members affected.
Curing and Preventing BlazeEdit
Skill-wise, Prevent Blaze is good if you're about to face an opponent you know is strong with blaze, such as dark elves. Stop Afflictions or Status Cure is better if you're uncertain or about to face an opponent that inflicts multiple afflictions.
The skill Bad Carrier will randomly inflict an ailment on your opponent, including blaze.
Party Members with Blaze AttacksEdit
Enemies that can Inflict BlazeEdit
- Fire Cell (City of White Nights, Dragon Lair Cave, Distortion Corridor)
- Blood Orc (Dichett region, Desneuf region, Borgandiazo, Nowem region, Fire Mountain)
- Dark Elf (Dorse region)
- Flame Ant (Dichett region, Fire Mountain)
- Flame Lizard (Dichett region, Fire Mountain, Borgandiazo)
- Ogre (Shrine of Fray)
- Shrine Knight (Distortion Corridor, Shrine of Fray)
- Skullhead (Desneuf region, Tria region, Ocho region)
- Louis (Adien region - kick duel, Septem region - kick duel)
- Nogueira (Forest Metropolis
- Robostar (Radiata - request)
- Cross (Fire Mountain only)
- Bull (Lupus Gate)
- Parsec (Fire Mountain, Dragon Lair Cave)
- Archdemon (Algandars Castle - request)
- Radian (Dragon Lair Cave)
- Lezard (Shrine of Fray)
- Ethereal Queen (Shrine of Fray)