When poisoned, your HP decreases at regular intervals. When someone is poisoned, green and purple bubbles will appear around their head and then they will be surrounded by a green fog. They tend to slump a bit when they're not moving.
Poison will continue after the end of a battle, so be sure to cure your comrades.
Curing and Preventing PoisonEdit
Skill-wise, Prevent Poison is good if you're about to face an opponent you know is good with poison, such as a black goblin. Stop Afflictions or Status Cure is better if you're uncertain or about to face an opponent that inflicts multiple afflictions.
The accessory Saint's Trophy will cure poison at the end of battle for anyone with one equipped.
Toadstool Powder is the only item capable of inflicting poison, but the following weapons have a chance of leaving an enemy with it: Grand Pike, Toadstool Lance, Grand Smasher, Rock Axe, Behemoth, Earth Chopper and Venom Sword. (Other than the Toadstool Bazooka, any toadstool weapon will inflict poison, although the lance is the only one Jack can equip.)
The skill Bad Carrier will randomly inflict an ailment on your opponent, including poison.
Party Members with Poison AttacksEdit
Of the people you can recruit, the following have attacks that can inflict poison: Adina, Clive, Dwight, Elena, Gordon, Grant, Morfinn, Bosso, Danny, Dominic, Doppio, Drew, Georgio, Jan, Marco, Niko, Pietro, Polpo and Ricky
Enemies that can Inflict PoisonEdit
- Big Jaws (Nowem region)
- Deathclover (Dwarf Tunnels, Goblin Cemetery, Sediche Region)
- Poisonous Lizard (Septem Cave)
- Pointura (Nowem region, Goblin Cemetery, Dorse region)
- Shemud (Path of Spiders)
- Speckled Bug (Nowem region, Sediche region)
- Spray Snake (Ocho region, Dova region)
- Lezard (Shrine of Fray)
- Archdemon (Algandars Castle)
- Melissa Mark I (Radiata City - request)
- Mud Ponbabar (Path of Spiders - request)
- Tawny Rat (Vareth Magic Institute - request)